Google Now is a functionality for Android iPhone/iPad that comes bundled with Google Search App. It provides a search widget on home screen of your device when you click it, it pops up option for voice/text search and swipeable cards. It’s basically an app that combines all your calender, news, reminders and maps into an interface for easy access. But, some people find it intrusive and annoying. If you would like to disable Google Now features without uninstalling Google search app, follow the instructions below.
How to turn off/disable Google Now
- Go to the home screen of your Android device.
- Now press the long Google search bar on top of the screen.
- Ignore everything and scroll all the way to the bottom.
- Now on the right, you will see 3 dots, tap it and go to settings.
- On settings menu you will find a button to toggle Google Now On/Off.